The Palma Ceia Baptist Church Usher Board was organized in 1968 by Pastor Charles F. Bennett. The Lord blessed the Board with willing workers and great presidents to the point that subgroups were formed. The Youth Board, the Young and Adult Board, the Adult Board and Senior Board was formed to separate the age groups. Since inception of the Usher Board, We have had over 20 successful presidents and 45 Annual Day celebrations. Edward Williams is our current President.
The Ushers universal motto is “…I rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness” (Ps. 84:10). We are to assist the Pastor to make the service a success by putting the congregation in the right frame of mind to worship, praise and receive the message from the Lord.
Officers: 2013 – 2014
- President: Edward Williams
- 1st Vice President Bonnie Boligny
- 2nd Vice President Altermese Sanders
- Secretary Paula Waters
- Treasurer Ruthie Alexander
- Parliamentarian James Daniel
With God’s help, we try to maintain a spirit filled, united and cohesive ministry by praying forward, communicating with and fellowshipping with our members on a regular basis. The training meeting are to keep each member abreast of signs and procedures in maintaining a spiritual atmosphere on Sunday morning and during all programs.
The workshops ere formed to give Palma Ceia’s ushers and visitors or guest ushers the opportunity for group training. The workshop includes study, breakfast, biblical games and training.
We fellowship with other Church Ushers and attend their Usher Annual Days. Each of our ushers are expected to attend 2-3 of these annual days per year.
Business Meetings: 2nd Thursday of each month (7:00 – 8:00 PM)
- Trainings: 4th Thursday of each month (7:00 – 8:00 PM)
- Ushers’ Workshops: 4th Saturdays, 9-12 PM – January, April, July and October
- Ushers’ Fund Raiser: Crab Feed – 4th Saturday in March, 4:00 PM
- User’s Annual Day: 4th Sunday in June, 3:00 PM
- Usher’s Christmas Fellowship – December